Many good and noble efforts are focused on addressing the problem of modern-day slavery, especially the needs of the exploited, yet the demand is seemingly insatiable. Initiatives focused on the needs and redemption of the exploiters are relatively rare.
Pray for the Johns Day is one small, humble effort to acknowledge the scale of the problem and ask God to intervene in the lives of those who participate in and support the sexual exploitation of others — both so that they may be halted in this evil, and redirected toward what good works they could yet do.
- From Going Big to Giving Up: Preparing for Lent at, yes, your Super Bowl Party - Her.meneutics, Feb. 1, 2013
- Sex Trafficking at the Super Bowl - First Things blog, Feb. 1, 2013
- Author Urges Prayers for 'Johns,' Porn Addicts - Washington Times, Jan. 31, 2013
- Interview - Ken Coleman Show, Jan. 30, 2013
- Pray for the Johns Day: Changing Lives on Super Bowl Sunday - Breakpoint, Jan. 30, 2013
- On Valentine’s Day, Praying for Men Who Buy Sex - Her.meneutics, Feb. 14, 2012
- Why I'm Single But Excited About This Valentine's Day - God's Politics Blog, Feb. 13, 2012
- God at the Dump: Lessons in Redemption - Good Letters, Feb. 13, 2012
- Praying for the Victimizers - World on Campus, Feb. 10, 2012
- Praying for the Johns - Patheos, Feb. 10, 2012
- Praying for the Johns - RejectApathy, Feb. 9, 2012
- Interview - Inside Out, Feb. 8, 2012
- Moving the Hearts of Men: Pray for the Johns Day - Breakpoint, Feb. 1, 2012